Kim Dotcom Teaches How to Stop Piracy in 5 Steps

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I remember most NES games starting out about $49.99 new (US).
I also remember most dropping down to $19.99 (minus the NES marques games) after 14-24 months.
The only games I ever saw new at $20 were the Dizzy Egg games where you bought the first one at $50 which came with a cartridge adapter and the "swap ins" which were different games about the size of Gameboy games at $20 each new, but here in Ohio just about every game started out on the NES at $50.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I totally agree. One more thing, don't add DRM, cuz that just makes people not want to buy there crap that doesn't work, and instead download pirated software versions that do. Also, offer free demo's, so they can try before they buy, instead of download hacked versions to try them, and then decide they don't want to spend the money on buying the actual game.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Im still holding on for skyrim to drop.
The only game i bought at release was DEUS EX HR. I still belive it was worth the full price.
Everything else, i can wait.

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Leasing digital content seems like a good idea. You can rent it fairly cheaply, and if you use so long that the rent exceeds the purchase price, you get to keep it. And lose the DRM. It makes life difficult for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.