Kodak CX7330 battery problem

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hey,
I recently purchased a Kodak CX7330 digital camera and was using it
without difficulty until a few days later the batterys died, the
batterys that i got with it are Kodak made AA batterys so as that make
batterys are not readily available i bought two AA duracel batterys
which dont seem to work at all in the camera, Does anyone know the
reason for this as it confuses me, Can you only use kodak made batterys
in the camera? I cant imagine this being the case, and also as the
batterys didnt last much length I am wondering would it be worth it to
use ordinary rechargable batterys if i got over the battery problem as
the cost for replacing the batterys every few days is just to much,
your help would be greatly appreciated with this problem,

Regards
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<cwynnes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1104847973.075378.15170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hey,
> I recently purchased a Kodak CX7330 digital camera and was using it
> without difficulty until a few days later the batterys died, the
> batterys that i got with it are Kodak made AA batterys so as that make
> batterys are not readily available i bought two AA duracel batterys
> which dont seem to work at all in the camera, Does anyone know the
> reason for this as it confuses me, Can you only use kodak made batterys
> in the camera? I cant imagine this being the case, and also as the
> batterys didnt last much length I am wondering would it be worth it to
> use ordinary rechargable batterys if i got over the battery problem as
> the cost for replacing the batterys every few days is just to much,
> your help would be greatly appreciated with this problem,
>
> Regards
>

No matter the model digital camera, alkaline AA cells will only work for 10
to 20 shots. They just cannot provide the current required especially with
use of flash and lcd finder. Get yourself a set of rechargeable Ni-MH
batteries and charger and you will get good performance. The Ni-MH can be
recharged from 100 to 500 times so are worth the investment. You can find
Ni-MH batteries and chargers at Walmart, Sams, and camera stores
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

wrote:
> <cwynnes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1104847973.075378.15170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>>Hey,
>>I recently purchased a Kodak CX7330 digital camera and was using it
>>without difficulty until a few days later the batterys died, the
>>batterys that i got with it are Kodak made AA batterys so as that make
>>batterys are not readily available i bought two AA duracel batterys
>>which dont seem to work at all in the camera, Does anyone know the
>>reason for this as it confuses me, Can you only use kodak made batterys
>>in the camera? I cant imagine this being the case, and also as the
>>batterys didnt last much length I am wondering would it be worth it to
>>use ordinary rechargable batterys if i got over the battery problem as
>>the cost for replacing the batterys every few days is just to much,
>>your help would be greatly appreciated with this problem,
>>
>>Regards

Alkaline batteries are NOT SUITABLE FOR DIGITAL CAMERAS. They won't
last long, and the expense will quickly render the cost of pictures
impractical, negating the best aspect of digital photography. Buy at
least two sets of NIMH batteries, and a charger (total cost can be as
little as $20), and you are set for something like 50,000 pictures!
That should be cheap enough for anyone. BTW, even though they are
expensive, you might want to keep a CRV3 lithium as a backup since the
shelf life is about 10 years.

>>
>
>
> No matter the model digital camera, alkaline AA cells will only work for 10
> to 20 shots. They just cannot provide the current required especially with
> use of flash and lcd finder. Get yourself a set of rechargeable Ni-MH
> batteries and charger and you will get good performance. The Ni-MH can be
> recharged from 100 to 500 times so are worth the investment. You can find
> Ni-MH batteries and chargers at Walmart, Sams, and camera stores
>
>


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Greetings CW...,

Sorry to hear about your concern. Truth is, there is a high power
requirement with digital cameras. These cameras require a very specific
amount of power to operate correctly (much more than a traditional film
camera), and that is the reason we suggest the use of a rechargeable NiMH
battery. Other good power sources might be a lithium battery, such as the
KODAK PHOTOLIFE Lithum Battery, CRV3. Many digital camera users will keep a
lithium battery as a back-up in case their photographic needs extend beyond
the usable charge of a NiMH battery set. You can review the power options
Kodak offers by going to the following page of our web site and choosing the
'Power Options' link:

http://www.kodak.com/go/accessories

Your disappointment over the quick loss of power in the batteries that were
included with your camera is understandable. However, those batteries are
included in the package as a "get started quickly" option; they were not
intended for long-term use. We want you to be able to open the box, insert
the batteries and enjoy your digital picture-taking immediately. Sometimes
the excitement of taking your first digital images is shared with a group,
such as on Christmas morning or at a birthday party. Sharing images by
putting the camera in review mode for everyone to see will exhaust the
batteries' power very quickly. These first batteries may last for only a
few shots because of the high power requirements of digital cameras.

I suggest you look at some of the power options such as a recharger, Dock,
or if you an infrequent picture taker, a Lithium power source. You can view
all at the noted site above.

Talk to you soon, CW,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

<cwynnes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1104847973.075378.15170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hey,
> I recently purchased a Kodak CX7330 digital camera and was using it
> without difficulty until a few days later the batterys died, the
> batterys that i got with it are Kodak made AA batterys so as that make
> batterys are not readily available i bought two AA duracel batterys
> which dont seem to work at all in the camera, Does anyone know the
> reason for this as it confuses me, Can you only use kodak made batterys
> in the camera? I cant imagine this being the case, and also as the
> batterys didnt last much length I am wondering would it be worth it to
> use ordinary rechargable batterys if i got over the battery problem as
> the cost for replacing the batterys every few days is just to much,
> your help would be greatly appreciated with this problem,
>
> Regards
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Ron Baird wrote:
> Greetings CW...,
>
> Sorry to hear about your concern. Truth is, there is a high power
> requirement with digital cameras. These cameras require a very specific
> amount of power to operate correctly (much more than a traditional film
> camera), and that is the reason we suggest the use of a rechargeable NiMH
> battery. Other good power sources might be a lithium battery, such as the
> KODAK PHOTOLIFE Lithum Battery, CRV3. Many digital camera users will keep a
> lithium battery as a back-up in case their photographic needs extend beyond
> the usable charge of a NiMH battery set. You can review the power options
> Kodak offers by going to the following page of our web site and choosing the
> 'Power Options' link:
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/accessories
>
> Your disappointment over the quick loss of power in the batteries that were
> included with your camera is understandable. However, those batteries are
> included in the package as a "get started quickly" option; they were not
> intended for long-term use. We want you to be able to open the box, insert
> the batteries and enjoy your digital picture-taking immediately. Sometimes
> the excitement of taking your first digital images is shared with a group,
> such as on Christmas morning or at a birthday party. Sharing images by
> putting the camera in review mode for everyone to see will exhaust the
> batteries' power very quickly. These first batteries may last for only a
> few shots because of the high power requirements of digital cameras.
>
> I suggest you look at some of the power options such as a recharger, Dock,
> or if you an infrequent picture taker, a Lithium power source. You can view
> all at the noted site above.
>
> Talk to you soon, CW,
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company
>
> <cwynnes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1104847973.075378.15170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>>Hey,
>>I recently purchased a Kodak CX7330 digital camera and was using it
>>without difficulty until a few days later the batterys died, the
>>batterys that i got with it are Kodak made AA batterys so as that make
>>batterys are not readily available i bought two AA duracel batterys
>>which dont seem to work at all in the camera, Does anyone know the
>>reason for this as it confuses me, Can you only use kodak made batterys
>>in the camera? I cant imagine this being the case, and also as the
>>batterys didnt last much length I am wondering would it be worth it to
>>use ordinary rechargable batterys if i got over the battery problem as
>>the cost for replacing the batterys every few days is just to much,
>>your help would be greatly appreciated with this problem,
>>
>>Regards
>>
>
>
>
I am disappointed that Kodak has joined other manufacturers in putting
the WRONG TYPE of battery in the package. This will, inevitably, lead
to a disappointing and negative experience for a new user. I suggest
you forward the OP's message to the marketing department. Perhaps they
will reconsider.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hey,
Thanks to everyone who helped in fixing this problem as i have now
purchased the batteries necessary, you've been a great help

Regards
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
verybearry Digital Cameras 0
W Digital Cameras 3
T Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 4
B Digital Cameras 1
D Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 5
A Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 2
J Digital Cameras 2
D Digital Cameras 1
H Digital Cameras 1
G Digital Cameras 0
M Digital Cameras 2
D Digital Cameras 1
D Digital Cameras 1
D Digital Cameras 1
T Digital Cameras 2
J Digital Cameras 1
B Digital Cameras 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY