Kodak Easyshare Thumbnails show Deleted photos; must locate thumbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Hello. My son's first birthday photos are gone. They were deleted from my computer and I no longer have backup copies anywhere. It must have happened a year or so ago, and I had just never noticed until now. Here's my question. I CAN see the thumbnails in the Kodak Easyshare program. Of course, they have the vertical zig-zag line down the middle of them indicating that the links are broken. I've tried multiple recovery tools by the way, both the free versions and at least one store-bought program. No luck. I simply want to know: Where are the thumbnails located on my computer? I would be happy if I could just access the thumbnails, extract and save them. They are pretty clear images, and if I could save them at least the pictures and memories wouldn't be lost forever. I've already read the archived thread here about kodak easyshare-lost pictures, Ideas? just so ya know. It doesn't really answer my question specifically. Thanks!

zorba

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I have the same issue. Kodak customer support says the thumbnails cannot be liberated from the easyshare ctalog -- although they are viewable within easy share -- go to view, details.

lauramatkin

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I have the same problem but Found The Lost Pictures!!! Look in the C drive in Temporary Folder the pictures are there.

How do you move all the pictures out of temporary folder at once. I have 1000 pics in there that were deleated I don't want to spend a day going back and forth between temp and Kodac or Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.