lag and ping spikes only on my ASUS N550JK laptop

DogeHEHEE

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
at my house I use a PC and laptop, both of them using wireless connection. My PC connection is fine and stable but my laptop is different, it constantly getting some ping spikes when I'm playing some online game like Dota2, overwatch, and cs:go. I tried to reinstall the wireless driver but doesn't seems to fix this case. Need some help to fix this case.
My laptop is ASUS N550JK
intel core i7-4710HQ 2.5Ghz
8GB RAM
Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce GTX850M 8GB

Solution
Have you been running both devices at the same time, to see if this occurs on both? I ask because if they are not on at the same time, and being tested at the same time, then you cannot tell if it is effecting the desktop as well. As, if running at different times, then the problem may not exist at those times.

Your modem should have the ability to monitor all the access, and issues, then log them so you can review the data to see when it occurs and if it is happening on both devices. If it doesn't, then there are programs you can have do that for you, but they would need to be running on both devices, during the same times, to get accurate comparisons.

Also, I would suggest trying to play said games from the desktop as well, and see...
Have you been running both devices at the same time, to see if this occurs on both? I ask because if they are not on at the same time, and being tested at the same time, then you cannot tell if it is effecting the desktop as well. As, if running at different times, then the problem may not exist at those times.

Your modem should have the ability to monitor all the access, and issues, then log them so you can review the data to see when it occurs and if it is happening on both devices. If it doesn't, then there are programs you can have do that for you, but they would need to be running on both devices, during the same times, to get accurate comparisons.

Also, I would suggest trying to play said games from the desktop as well, and see if you get the problem.

You may want to try playing them not via WiFi (plugged directly into the modem/router) and see if the problem persists.

If it turns out it only occurs when you are playing the games, no matter the device, you need to contact your service provider.

Solution