Laptop audiojack and usb port not working after reassembly and other issues

mtucci

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hi:

Straight to the point, i own a Asus x555ld laptop , i dissasembled it to clean cooler fan and put Artic Silver on its cpu and gpu correctly. After reassembly, i found these issues :

Laptop wont wake up after sleep.
Led indicator from bottom right, only Power is On all time, until shutdown, then is off. The one indicating charge is functioning accurately, and HDD Light, wich shows hdd activity is always off.

Today i checked its Usb port and Audiojack , both not working. All this is part of X555LD I/O Motherboard Rev 2.0 piece. Aside from these issues, laptop is working fine, just like before.

My main concern is maybe i messed up this piece during dissassembly, i did it twice because i lost some screws during the first time, but i do remeber then Audiojack and Usb worked. Any advice from you guys will be appreciated! . :)

salongokalule

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I guess this might be something to do with the internal cables that you might possibly have not reconnected. However, most USB ports are embedded and does not connect to the mainboard with cables. If all the USB ports aren't working then i would check in the bios to see if everything is setup correctly. Good Luck!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mtucci : "Audio Jack, Usb port not working, Pcb card"

mtucci

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

Thank you for your answer. Yesterday i dissasembled and reassembled again my laptop. Took the internal battery out, disconnected and connected again ribbons and cables, pressed power for 1 minute, then placed battery again. Powered up the laptop, and it worked! . So it wasnt a hardware issue, cables and ribbons were connected correctly before. It seems like a reset was needed.

salongokalule

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

mtucci

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
yes, i disconnected and connected internal cables and ribbons a couple of times and entered bios to set default values with no luck.

I learned this was a reset for laptops with removable battery, mine is internal and has no button to reset.

TRENDING THREADS