Laptop average lifespan

Rendell1234

Honorable
Aug 17, 2016
My toshiba satellite laptop is now turning 5 yrs this january and still running smoothly without hang and lag(even in power saver mode). But what is the best average of toshiba?
And When my laptop is gone what will pop up? Will appear bluescreen? Or will display a black screen with text when booting?

Solution
Given a choice, I wouldn't have the 1809 update but if the drive is going to fail it could do so before, during or after an update.

If you don't hear anything but a gentle whir of the spinning disk, it probably won't die today.
The most likely to give up the ghost first is your hard disk. That means a weekly back-up should be a routine in a five year old laptop. Listen carefully for any feint grinding sound.

There is no average for the laptop itself. I see much older than five year olds in my shop and they still run efficiently. Mostly the problems they come in for are in Windows not the hardware.

Rendell1234

Honorable
Aug 17, 2016

Ok so i need to turn off the update of my windows 10 to prevent my hard drive to broke?

Given a choice, I wouldn't have the 1809 update but if the drive is going to fail it could do so before, during or after an update.

If you don't hear anything but a gentle whir of the spinning disk, it probably won't die today.

Solution