Question Laptop Battery not calibrating

Sep 19, 2019
My laptop goes to 5 percent and dies super early. Thought this was suspicious and that the battery just needed calibrating. I decided "meh, why not" and just pushed the power button after it hibernated. It turned on surprisingly and stayed on. And then it went to 0% and went lasted the appropriate time. The battery actually died which i assume is very bad and I can't get that hidden percentage back. Now its rapidly dying and drains while sleeping. How can i rectify this?

Sep 19, 2019
There is no fix for that other than replacing the battery. Once they go they are done and you need a new one.

Word of advice, don't get an aftermarket one. While aftermarket is fine for some things, it isn't for laptop batteries and chargers.
Sorry for the late reply. But when do know I don't need to buy a new laptop and only have to calibrate it. Because, like i said, the battery was operating normally but just with less charge before i tried to calibrate it

That wouldn't mean a new laptop, it would mean a new battery. So I don't know where you came up with buying a new laptop. :)

Batteries go bad over time, that just happens, there is nothing you can do to change that. What you did likely didn't do anything to the battery, it may well have made the system notice its settings correctly, but that is about it. There is nothing you can do in the laptop itself, in the software like the calibration you tried or anything else, to make the battery work. It needs to be replaced.