Laptop Best Suited for Video Editing

calvinhunt98

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
I'm not looking to spend some outrageous amount of money, but I'm wiling to be flexible. I am a video editor, who also does motion graphics with some other work on the side. I'm looking for a Laptop that has a good panel for editing (IPS), good specs, and would be great to use for the Adobe Suite of applications. Any good models, or specification recommendations?
I was looking at spending anywhere from $1200 to maybe even $3000 if needed.

Solution
I'd say the same thing for ya lappie as if you were building a desktop ... well ya can't build it yaslef, but you can have it made to your exact specifications. Start with a basic chassis and screen and add the parts you fell are most appropriate. You can choose the panel 1080p thru 4k, panel type, CPU, GPU, storage, NIC and BT, whatever.

https://lpc-digital.com/product/sager-np9172-clevo-p775dm3/

17.3” Full HD (1920 x 1080) Clear LG IPS MATTE G-Sync (can go to 4k)
Screen Calibration ($35 option)
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700K (8M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA PASCAL™ (Can go to 1080)
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 2400MHz (PC4 19200) (2 x 8GB) - SPECIAL (can go to 64 GB)
Windows® 10...
I'd say the same thing for ya lappie as if you were building a desktop ... well ya can't build it yaslef, but you can have it made to your exact specifications. Start with a basic chassis and screen and add the parts you fell are most appropriate. You can choose the panel 1080p thru 4k, panel type, CPU, GPU, storage, NIC and BT, whatever.

https://lpc-digital.com/product/sager-np9172-clevo-p775dm3/

17.3” Full HD (1920 x 1080) Clear LG IPS MATTE G-Sync (can go to 4k)
Screen Calibration ($35 option)
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700K (8M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA PASCAL™ (Can go to 1080)
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 2400MHz (PC4 19200) (2 x 8GB) - SPECIAL (can go to 64 GB)
Windows® 10 Pro 64-Bit Edition Preinstalled, (without Recovery Media)
Samsung® 850 EVO™ M.2 250GB SSD - (OS DRIVE) (Can go to 2 TB)
Samsung® 850 EVO™ M.2 250GB SSD - (Slot 2 - Scratch Drive) (Can go to 2 TB)
2TB 5400rpm SATA2 Hard Drive (archival Storage)
Intel® Dual Band Ultra Wireless-AC 8265 M.2 AC + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo
LIFETIME Limited Labor and 1 Year Premium** Parts Warranty
Free Shipping (Continental US)

Cost $2,245 (Business check)

Note that all Clevo distributors are prohibited from advertising below certain price floors for each model. We have used nothing but Clevo lappies for about 10 years and have been using LPC digital for last 8. You should expect to be able to negotiate at least half way down to $2k for the above.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-and-reseller-info.91510/

CLEVO is a large Taiwanese computer company specializing in laptops. While the Clevo brand name is perhaps not widely known, their products are re-branded and sold by known boutique brand OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)… notably Sager, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom, etc. They are also considered (by whoever knows about notebooks) to design and manufacturer the best of the best notebooks in terms of superior build quality and innovative designs.

Clevo was the maker of Alienware laptops before Alienware got huge and cashed out selling the business to Dell. One interesting tidbit when ya listen to folks *Discuss* who makes the best laptop ... almost all the brands mentioned don't actually **make** a laptop. Fact is the brands they are arguing about are oft made by the same ODM, using the same parts on the very same assembly lines.

The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China.
Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP, Dell and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
Clevo sells thru their retail arm (Sager) as well as WidowPC, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom and other boutique" sellers.

Solution