Laptop boots but there is a blank screen

mets3214

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Hi,
I have had a problem with my Sony Vaio VPC-Z1 for about a month where the screen is completely blank while the laptop boots. It seemed to have been a graphics card failure after troubleshooting different components. I ended up replacing the motherboard last week and it still behaves the same way. I can hear the windows sounds as it boots up and I logged in to the computer after numerous attempts. By using Narrator, I was able to get Teamviewer to work but that just showed a black screen as well. I then got Remote Desktop to work after numerous attempts fiddling with the command line. Device manager didn't show the graphics card so I re-installed the Drivers and now it shows this error: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" After trying many different methods, I decided to try to restore it to factory settings. Upon pressing restore from Vaio Care, the laptop no longer boots up to Windows and I have no idea how to proceed. Sorry for the long post but I really have no idea what the problem could be.