Laptop can't find any wifi networks after reformat, (Exhausted all obvious solutions)

Homer T

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
So I recently reformatted my laptop (Gigabyte Q2550) and now it can not find any wifi networks, Ethernet stills works, I have all the correct drivers and have reformatted 3 times, with two different installation methods and three different versions of windows 7, I have reformatted this computer twice before with no problems (Drivers via driverpack solution 15.9 without bloatware) which usually works without a hitch, this time around and on all attempts one device would not install unrelated to the wifi but I shall include it (IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30\4&2FE8BB4D&0) it also had trouble installing the intel execution engine which I had to manually download and install (unlike previous successful attempts)

The only thing different is I opened up my laptop, put an SSD in and then reformatted it to these troubles, I reopened to make sure everything was plugged in which it appears to be (Although I am no computer expert little owe laptops so I took pictures in case you guys want them) I don't believe this computer has a wireless switch although I went through every function key to make sure.

I have also reset the router etc, tried phone hotspots and confirmed its working with other devices.

navalweaponsofficer

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
If you haven not formatted the original HDD put it back in and see if wireless works. Since you are using the same driver pack you have in the past without issue I am leaning towards a hardware problem that was instigated by the disassembly of the computer. Verify the antennas are still connected to the wireless card.

Homer T

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014

It does not work on the original HDD either, I have verified things are plugged in, to the best of my ability...

EDIT: I forgot to add even on the original HD the "pci encryption/decryption" which I believe is the intel execution engine is in other devices with a yellow exclamation mark, and if it matters a USB wifi is working with it.

navalweaponsofficer

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I have had problems where failing cards would not work correctly and I had to wiggle the antenna connections to get it to work temporarily (ultimately had to replace). If you did not touch the antenna connections and if you have not tried. do this, download the WI-FI driver from gigabyte, uninstall the currently installed driver, install the downloaded driver (only the Wi-Fi driver not the pack). If that does not work and the antennas are connected to the card. You need to look at getting and installing another Wi-Fi card they are about $40 US.