Laptop charger causes fuse to blow

G

So I got a pretty weird problem on my hands right now. I have ASUS N56D laptop with the original charger. I have had problems with the charger before, like when I want to charge my laptop, I need to connect the charger to my laptop before I plug the charger in the wall or else it won't begin charging at all. I have to do this every time I start up my laptop. Yesterday however was different. When I stopped working on my laptop, I shut it down and it kept charging the battery like always. I went to sleep just to wake up in moderately loud ''popping'' noises that came out of my charger. I disconnected it from wall. Well today I tried to charge it again and when battery reached 100%, followed by the same noise, it blew the fuse. Tried again to charge it to 100% on different socket and it ''popped'' again, not blowing the fuse as I was fast to disconnect it. My sockets are not grounded in this new house I just moved in but I can't comprehend if this is a problem with the battery or the charger trying to discharge itself in the socket or something... Help is needed indeed.

Solution
The issue can and should be the power brick/adapter/charger. You can rule out the battery by draining it with casual use but beware you wont be able to use the existing charger to power the laptop. Subsequently you could try and get a certified electrician and check out the wiring+sockets to rule out the wiring causing havoc on a perfectly sound power brick.

Lutfij

Splendid
The issue can and should be the power brick/adapter/charger. You can rule out the battery by draining it with casual use but beware you wont be able to use the existing charger to power the laptop. Subsequently you could try and get a certified electrician and check out the wiring+sockets to rule out the wiring causing havoc on a perfectly sound power brick.

Solution