laptop cpu fan always running at 100% power

Mahmoud Farahat

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
Hello,
I've recently replaced my old laptop's CPU fan (HP DV6 -2011 version-) , the new one is not OEM original but a compatible one.

the problem is the fan is always running at full speed and making a lot of noise , I tried many programs that detect and control CPU fan speed (SpeedFan , hwinfo , CPUz) but they were not able to detect the fan.

I turned "Keep fan always running" option to off (in the bios ) , but that didn't work also.

any ideas ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 9
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 4
mrmike16 Laptop Tech Support 10
M Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Asus Laptop suddenly not running well on battery.
Laptop won't turn on, works and then breaks with new battery after 30 minutes, and won't run off of AC power
Power up my HP laptop and goes to an automatic fix. Let run for 10 hrs and 11% complete omg.
ASUS Q304UAK laptop not booting on battery charge after water damage, runs only on AC power
battery dead so i run on ac power,but the ac power turns off and on,it damages the laptop?
toshiba laptop will not run on battery
My laptop has no battery in it and runs power from the cable. My low battery light will flash on the fron of my laptop and it
Will my laptop run reliably on AC power alone with a completely dead battery?
Laptop running on battery power, not recognizing AC adapter following liquid spill.
Can running my laptop on A.C. power with a dead battery hurt my computer?
my dell laptop e5500 powers on but no display and the fan cant run
My acer 5532 laptop has a black screen but it's running when you power it up. How do I fix this problem.
Can my internal battery laptop run on ac power?
Laptop runs out of battery while powered off
Laptop only running on AC power
Laptop runs on battery but not AC and unable to charge battery.
I have a Satellite C55 laptop that when powered on, only has the fan running and speeding up/slowing down
Is it ok to run my Toshiba Laptop on AC power with the battery in place? Will it harm the battery?
New Laptop, switches from AC to Battery with low fps, if i remove battery it runs at full performance but just turns off like
laptop will not run on ac power when the battery is removed.When powered off with the battery in, the battery will charge,

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS