Laptop CPU/GPU thermal grease

smtrejo

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

Can this thermal grease be applied to laptops? MANHATTAN THERMAL GREASE MODEL 701662: http://www.manhattan-products.com/cpu-thermal-grease

I'm going to replace the cooling fan on an old HP Pavilion DV7 1240US with AMD Turion X2 and ATI Radeon graphics card and this is what I have on hand. I read that the Artic brand is the best but I'm on a low budget.

Thanks in advance :]

Solution
If you are on budget, you can use mayo or toothpaste, it would work same as this. Don't bother with something this crap and take arctic mx-4 or noctua nt-h1, they don't cost so much more.

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
If you are on budget, you can use mayo or toothpaste, it would work same as this. Don't bother with something this crap and take arctic mx-4 or noctua nt-h1, they don't cost so much more.

Solution

smtrejo

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

LOL that's what I tought xD

By the way, how about Artic Silver 5 and Artic Silver Ceramique? I'm on a really low budget and there's a noticeable difference on price between these two and the one you suggest in my country.

Thank you :B

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
What you need from thermal paste is high thermal conductivity, and where i looked paste you posted is about same price as arctic mx2, but around this price point should be more than enough of paste with conductivity around 4w/mk.

TRENDING THREADS