Laptop CPU throttling A10-7300

LuthorKent

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Hp Pavilion 15-P231ax
AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6
AMD Radeon R7 M260
4GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro x64 (got no problem with this, also got the same problem with 8.1)

I got this laptop a month ago, and i got a problem with throlling and temps
my cpu idle temp was 50-60C, and when it's under heacy load it jumps to 80C. I played some games and when the temp hits 85C everything slowed down, got my fps cut to 1/3 of the normal fps(ex 60 cut to 24, 40 cut to 16)
i've update driver, and BIOS, some said it will fix it but not for me. power setting i've set cooling to active, no power saving features are set, all are at high performance. chipset driver installed.

Solution
The lag is caused by the heat, the systems downclocks itself to try and cool off and you don't really have a way to control when this happens.
I have a laptop with an 8core i7 and a gtx660m that barely even gets warm to the touch, yours can almost boil water... Thats some crazy heat.

I personally would take it back, that kind of heat... it isn't going to last long.

LuthorKent

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
the heat isn't a big problem at all, i got a coolpad attached with that temp described, the main problem was the lag when it hit 85C.
at the time i test, the maximun operating temp is 95C while on load, cpuworld says A10-7300 max temp was 102C

popatim

Splendid
The lag is caused by the heat, the systems downclocks itself to try and cool off and you don't really have a way to control when this happens.
I have a laptop with an 8core i7 and a gtx660m that barely even gets warm to the touch, yours can almost boil water... Thats some crazy heat.

I personally would take it back, that kind of heat... it isn't going to last long.

Solution

LuthorKent

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Finally I solved it, sacrificing my performace
i set the r7 m260 core clock to 707Mhz and everything goes cooler, i see there's about 7-15 fps reduced from the stock 900Mhz
at least it not downclocking to 300Mhz