Laptop display not started

May 5, 2018
Hello Guys,
I am using Dell Studio 1558. Yesterday Night it was working awsome.
But suddenly today when I started laptop in the morning it showing Black screen. (No Display) (Not even Showing Dell Logo or Bias setup screen. totally Black as in Power OFF state), Where as Power button is ON & fan n HDD is also working. BUT NO DISPLAY.

PLZ HELP me OUT.

Options Tried >>

1. Removed battery & charger , reconnected & cmos also reset. (NO USE) 

2. Checked Display by POWER Button+ D button = shown different colors flashing. (ie. DISPLAY Working).
3. Remove ram... And remove carbon on upper layer of ram but no work.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1