Laptop Electrical Short Popping/ sound stops working after that

Sep 10, 2018
Some time ago my friend accidentally spilled drink on her laptop, after that the keyboard stopped working. So she had it repaired and cleaned and everything seemed to be fine for some months, but recently she started having problem that after while the laptop is turned on it starts to emit some electrical short popping noises directly from the body of laptop (not from the speakers) and then the soundcard in laptop stops working together with the electrical popping noises. The laptop is still on running but no sound and no popping anymore. I will update you with laptop brand and number as soon as i get it. I appreciate any help or advise. Thank you very much.

MLG_No_Scope

Prominent
May 23, 2017
First of all, i feel sorry for your friend for the accident. those things are awful to happen. i think, not sure tho, but there is still some damage in the laptop, even after the repairment for the laptop, or even worse, permanent damage. or it could just be an electronical problem, from the beginning when your friend has the laptop.

or it is just something you don't have to worry about, i really have no idea what's wrong with it, to be honest?

Sep 10, 2018
So the laptop is ASUS F555LF-DM241T. At this moment she is on usb soundcard and pair of speakers so she is not using laptop's soundcard and there is no popping. She is going to bring it to service, but is afraid of price as it can get really expensive in our country. Do you think its worth trying to look for some spare parts eshop and replacing motherboard or rather advise her to buy new laptop? I am attaching link for the sound it makes while using internal soundcard https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DzEV9W0TjX2z5eRpvIt2u4rS3VvupgIn. Thank you so much for help.