Solved! Laptop fan is not working

May 4, 2019
Hi. I have an old laptop called "acer aspire 5732z" and its overheating. i think the fan is never spinning (no sound). Sometimes laptop shuts down itself because of heating

what can i do to solve this problem?

Solution
If you have a fan that isn't spinning, which is causing overheating, then you need to have the fan replaced.

I would also suggest having the laptop cleaned out inside. Dust, debris, blocked vents, etc. will just add to the problem. Additionally the thermal paste should likely be replaced as well.

Do not use the laptop until the fan is replaced and it is cleaned up. If you do use it you are going to fry things that will be a lot costlier and harder to replace.
If you have a fan that isn't spinning, which is causing overheating, then you need to have the fan replaced.

I would also suggest having the laptop cleaned out inside. Dust, debris, blocked vents, etc. will just add to the problem. Additionally the thermal paste should likely be replaced as well.

Do not use the laptop until the fan is replaced and it is cleaned up. If you do use it you are going to fry things that will be a lot costlier and harder to replace.

Reactions: Mr.Uptight
Solution