laptop freezes 3-5 mins after windows starts up

khengli

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Greetings. My laptop has been freezing 3-5 mins after i log in to windows, it usually happens after i logged on the online games like dota2 and dragon nest sea. When it freezes i couldn't do anything, things like ctrl + alt + dlt don't work. the only thing i can do is to manually restart my laptop by pressing and holding on to the power button. when I'm lucky i just have to manually restart my laptop once and it will be working fine, but sometimes i have to repeat the restarting process 3-4 times and 3-5mins later it freezes, I've tried system restore a couple of times, but its doesn't seem to do anything to help.:??: any kind of advice or help will be appreciated, sorry for my bad english...

Solution
Update your graphics driver first, if that doesn't help, check if your BIOS is updated to the newest version, and update it if it isn't.

khengli

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

thanks for the info, just another question, how do i update my bios version? BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K43SV.317, 4/19/2012 this is my current version:wahoo:

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Find the model of your laptop, enter the website of which brand you have, example Acer, HP, Compaq, etc. Type in your information and find BIOS driver, and check if there's a newer version.