Laptop freezes and locks up when starting using power button, booting into system recover using dedicated recovery works fine?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hi,

[OS = Windows 10]

So when I start my laptop using the power button the computer locks up and freezes straight on the desktop. However when I use the recovery button (provided by lenovo) and start using system recovery it boots me into normal windows mode (not safe mode) and it seems to work fine.

I havnt got the time to do a clean install of drivers I will attempt that sometime soon, but it seems weird that starting the laptop with the power button causes it to lock up and the recovery button (which sends the laptop to normal mode), doesnt.

Any advice will be appreciated (I will most probably getting a new computer soon, just waiting on clients to give me payments. so the "buy a new device" advice has already been taken ;) )

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Ok but ill do it after my projects get over. But can you identify what could be a like reason for the issue?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

ok, but it corrected itself. It starts normally now when I press the power button.