Laptop Froze Win 10!!!

Laphelp_986

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
I dropped my laptop yesterday and it was working fine after that for the rest of the evening (about 4 hours or so. Today morning I booted and my main desktop showed up but i cant use anything. It seems to have frozen! I'm extremely worried that my hard disk might be damaged but seeing as how it worked fine right after the crash for a fair while, Im not sure anymore. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Solution
Hey there, Laphelp_986.

I think that the HDD's at fault as well. :( You can try the drive with another computer and hope that it's properly recognized so that you can get your data back.
In cases like these you should always try to backup all of your important data ASAP if you are lucky enough to be able to boot to Windows. If there was a mechanical fault after physically damaging the drive it probably got worse with time. When there's a mechanical issue, chances are its condition will worsen the more you use the HDD. In your situation you'd probably have to get a new drive and if you need your data recovered - I'd suggest a data recovery company.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, Laphelp_986.

I think that the HDD's at fault as well. :( You can try the drive with another computer and hope that it's properly recognized so that you can get your data back.
In cases like these you should always try to backup all of your important data ASAP if you are lucky enough to be able to boot to Windows. If there was a mechanical fault after physically damaging the drive it probably got worse with time. When there's a mechanical issue, chances are its condition will worsen the more you use the HDD. In your situation you'd probably have to get a new drive and if you need your data recovered - I'd suggest a data recovery company.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

Solution