• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Laptop goes into the BIOS/UEFI every boot. Unable to boot normally, go in safe mode or boot from another drive. Help!

Walter P

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

Today I got some windows updates as I was in the process of rebooting my computer in order to access the BIOS/UEFI (I was looking to change the boot drive to a USB).

I was able to get into the BIOS/UEFI and tweak the appropriate settings for my intended purpose (disable secure boot, enable f12 boot menu) but now my computer won't boot past my BIOS/UEFI screen. It boots to the BIOS/UEFI interface (InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 5.0 in my case) as if I was pressing F2 to access it every time.

It seems to me like the BIOS is overriding everything (whether it be the change of priority of boot disk or trying to get into safe mode pressing f8). No matter what settings I tweak my computer just boots into this BIOS and there's nothing to get me past that.

I would highly appreciate some help,
Thanks!

PS the computer was bought 3 days ago brand new, the full model name is: Acer ES1-523-44LU with Windows 10

Try making sure there is no possible way for the laptop to access the internet. If necessary turn off router/modem/WiFi. If you can't turn them off (as they aren't yours to access) then you need to take the laptop somewhere that there is no access and then restart it.

If this doesn't help resolve the problem, and it is only a few days old, I would take it back and get them to exchange it.

Walter P

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately it didn't do the trick, and I got the computer the day before moving abroad so it would be tricky to return the computer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 14
C Laptop Tech Support 7
V Laptop Tech Support 1
LifeIsAFairyTail93 Laptop Tech Support 1
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 8
iFail101 Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1