Laptop gtx1060 egpu

AndreaF

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Hellow,
it's my first time in this forum and i want to make a project.
I'm a possesor of an Asus Rog gl552v. I use it mainly for gaming, it only has a 960m which is not goodin latest games at 1080p. My idea is to built a costum egpu with a gtx1060 and connect it via usb type-c ( only 3.1 not thunderbolt) or pci-express ( I don't know if there is a free one). Usb-c connection would be better because delivers also 100w and would charge the laptop with one cable. For the power supply I don't know which to choose. I'm planning to buy an eevga supeclocked 6gb mini. Demands only 120w plus the energy to charge the laptop. Is it possible to fit the gpu in an external mini case?

Solution
Companies have already done things like this like Razer with their new "Razer Core" (connection through thunderbolt) and Dell with the same thing just cheaper. It would be a lot easier and cheaper to buy a product manufactured by a trusted company than to make it yourself.

Sincerely,
Joshua Grullon

JoshyD33

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Companies have already done things like this like Razer with their new "Razer Core" (connection through thunderbolt) and Dell with the same thing just cheaper. It would be a lot easier and cheaper to buy a product manufactured by a trusted company than to make it yourself.

Sincerely,
Joshua Grullon

Solution