laptop hangs during watching movies

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
hello,

i am swapnesh mishra from india.....i have a problem with my laptop that when i watch a movie it freezes and no options except shut it down by pressing the power key works.......plz help me getting out of this problem....i use gom player and km player while watching a movie.

my laptop is sony vaio svf15218snw and my antivirus is quick heal total security registered version........plz help me solving the problem.

Half Life

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
question, these movies are being run from a CD or from HDD. regardless, your movie can hang due to any of the below reasons.

a) disk space/page file space; check how much free space you have on your hard drive
b) poor quality applications; don't mind but what are these video players? dont you have the normal stuff?
c) thermal problems; if available, check the temps of cpu, mother board,etc from a tool such as cpuz etc.

first of all, why not you try with other video players and see if the problem persists

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I use kmp,gom player,rit nw was watching a movie in media player just for testing still it happened.only my f drive is red means 17gb free of 216gb

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
i have already done this proccess of defragementation still d same

davcon

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I've worked/repaired a few laptops in my day.
90% of them were bunged right up with dirt/debris.
Are you sure this isn't your problem.
Most laptops don't have a robust cooling system.
What kind of temperatures does this laptop have.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
how can i know the temp.......plz reply

G

I'd say take some compressed air to it, or vacuum the dust out...
Delete some stuff you don't need on it too.

What do you run on it when it starts up? I've seen quite a few laptops slow down due to the software put on it in retail.

How new is it?

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
dint get any gbs back.....but my laptop just hung half an hour ago.......it was not happening from last two days

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
just 5 months old

G

It sounds like you have a lot of clutter in it, delete some stuff if possible, laptop hardisks generally don't have a lot of space and quickly fill up-

Also, see if your antivirus is expired-
Most laptops only comewith a month of free AV and after that you are open to everything.