Question Laptop hung while playing fifa 19 with charger plugged in, working perfectly on battery.

Jul 26, 2019
I have been playing FIFA 109 on my dell precision 5520 with Quadro 1200 graphic card. When I play Fifa with the charger plugged in, the game crashed every time and I have to force shut down laptop but when I play on battery the game and laptop behave perfectly fine. any help, please

Saga Lout

Olde English
I can only think there is a setting somewhere that tells the machine to run one resolution for mains power and different one for battery. Have good look at the Display settings on Control Panel. If it isn't resolution, it may be power saving settings or something in the game itself that conflict.

Jul 15, 2019
I have a similar problem and am suspecting failure of battery management ic that selects between ac or bat for voltage in.
And perhaps the current sense line for ac that is involved in the management. Im waiting on ic for change over to see if my sinilar problem is resolved. Sory not an easy fix.

Jul 26, 2019
I can only think there is a setting somewhere that tells the machine to run one resolution for mains power and different one for battery. Have good look at the Display settings on Control Panel. If it isn't resolution, it may be power saving settings or something in the game itself that conflict.
I DIDN'T FIND ANY BATTERY SETTINGS OR JUST ANYTHING UNUSUAL. THIS STARTED HAPPENING BEFORE 6 MONTHS WHEN MY WINDOWS GOT UPDATED.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Dougbateman3212 Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
MartinR730 Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 26
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2