Laptop is laggy

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hi, I am using Lenovo Y500 laptop. It is a very old gaming laptop. Sometimes I face 100% Disk Usage issue and as a result everything starts getting laggy as hell. Nothing responds quickly. This happens when I am trying to do multi things.

So should I replace the HDD with a SSD ? Will thar solve the problem of multi tasking ?

Solution
You shouldn't need to replace the drive or change to another drive. However I would go through and clear out the system of old junk.

Run some good deep virus and malware scans (more than one program if possible) to make sure there is nothing on the machine to interfere. Then you should make sure there is nothing auto starting when you start the computer that doesn't need to be. Once that is done I would run "Disk Cleanup" and also "Disk Defragmenter" to clear and organize the computer more.

If you still get issues, try running, in "Command Prompt" the "chkdsk". You can get info on what options to use by typing "help chkdsk" (without the quotes, but with the space) in the"Command Prompt" screen.
You shouldn't need to replace the drive or change to another drive. However I would go through and clear out the system of old junk.

Run some good deep virus and malware scans (more than one program if possible) to make sure there is nothing on the machine to interfere. Then you should make sure there is nothing auto starting when you start the computer that doesn't need to be. Once that is done I would run "Disk Cleanup" and also "Disk Defragmenter" to clear and organize the computer more.

If you still get issues, try running, in "Command Prompt" the "chkdsk". You can get info on what options to use by typing "help chkdsk" (without the quotes, but with the space) in the"Command Prompt" screen.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS