laptop keyboard faded black color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2013
So I did a small mistake. I used a nail polish remove based on acetone and used a toothbrush on it. Unfortunately instead of a black color, it faded to a kind of gray. So now the keyboard looks damn silly. Is there any way to get that black color back ? I thought of using some kind of wax but...idk. Anyone got ideas with this one ?

Solution
Hello... Typically use rubbing alcohol for general Fast drying cleaning needs... acetone has adverse effects on plastics, your lucky you didn't melt them. I have no color restore options in mind at this moment, as have never done this type of re-furbish... the keys themselves may have to be replaced at this time... check to see if Key cap replacements are available from the maker, EBAY, ?.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Typically use rubbing alcohol for general Fast drying cleaning needs... acetone has adverse effects on plastics, your lucky you didn't melt them. I have no color restore options in mind at this moment, as have never done this type of re-furbish... the keys themselves may have to be replaced at this time... check to see if Key cap replacements are available from the maker, EBAY, ?.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.