Solved! Laptop keyboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2018
Hey everyone. I have an Origin evo-15s laptop. Recently, certain keys have had weird behaviors. The keys are "g" "1" and "3" on the number pad, and the last two are the left and right arrow keys. These keys will not work for a while, and suddenly they will start working again. They act the same way as the others affected, so if one doesn't work, the rest don't either. I am on windows 10, and I have reinstalled my drivers multiple times.

Well just reinstalling them isn't what should help (if it is the drivers) you need to actually reboot between uninstalling and installing.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Dec 11, 2018
I tried reinstalling twice, both times i restarted after uninstalling and after reinstalling. Currently I'm using a external keyboard to type this and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.