Laptop keyboard slot broken

Paulren

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Hi!
The keyboard key from my laptop fell and I saw something missing with the key slot- not with the key. A metal snapping thing was missing but the key itself is still fine. The rubber thing fell of as well. Can i fix this with super glue? Buying online for replacement and fixing at a local tech store are no options cause i live in a 3rd world country. Also no warranty
Laptop: asus x555ln

Solution
You can't really attach keyboard parts that fell off the actual board. Replace the keyboard (they are often cheap on ebay) or just live with the key missing. You should still be able to use it just press the contact.
What do you mean by 'keyboard key'? Is it the Windows key, or the Fn key?

Whatever it is, you need to locate all the individual parts and re-assemble the key. Go easy with the glue: modern keyboards, especially slim notebooks like yours, don't have much head-room.

This YouTube video demonstrates how to replace individual keys on a K-series ASUS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HahJlSkwyyk

I know it's not your model and your keys are shaped rather differently, but it at least it should provide some idea as to how the keys are fixed to the board. You can search for more videos yourself.

See if you can find the 'metal snapping thing' - something tells me that it's very important.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

TRENDING THREADS