Laptop Keyboard stuck at "/" key after small water spill. Please help!

Apr 30, 2018
Hi, I got a problem with my acer V3-772G Laptop.

Yesterday, A bit of water was spilled onto the keyboard area and i didn't think it was a big deal and tried to clean it off. but then i noticed that when i pressed some keys, it would type 2 letters at once. like if i typed b it would type bv.

i did something stupid and turned it off and used a damp towel to clean the keyboard..

when i turned it back on, now it seems to be stuck on the "/" key...so everytime i open a browser it would just be stuck on that key and i can't do anything else..i can't even press control/alt/delete to shut off the computer and have to force turn it off.

is the keyboard dead? should i leave it out for a couple of days to see if it'll work again? it's fine..i mean the laptop turns on and nothing seems glitchy..it's just stuck on that one key and can't use the keyboard.

Solution
Yes wait to make sure it's fully dry. If it still does this in a day or two, try another keyboard.

First thing you do when there is a spill on a computer, take the thing apart, let it fully dry for about 24 hours before you try using it to maximize things working.
Yes wait to make sure it's fully dry. If it still does this in a day or two, try another keyboard.

First thing you do when there is a spill on a computer, take the thing apart, let it fully dry for about 24 hours before you try using it to maximize things working.

Solution
Apr 30, 2018

thanks for answering! i don't know how to take it out unfortunately..taking laptops apart is not my area...can i just let it sit there without taking it apart? or use a blow dryer on it?

Putting a fan on low near it would be better than a blow dryer. You will likely need a new keyboard though, and it may end up being the motherboard connector which means a new motherboard. You will need to take it apart anyway to install the keyboard so may as well start now to dry it and see if maybe cleaning the connectors with a soft brush will help.