Laptop keyboard working funky after cleaned

Andrei_27

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Hi!, I, just, cleaned, my, laptop,, keyboard, using, 70%, pure,, alcohol, .After, I, cleaned, and, wiped, everything, with, a, cloth, used, at, glasses, i, powered, my, laptop.', Now, if, i, press, the, a, key, this, happenes:

n,;b -->, nb
DOWN_KEY, ->, ;
f, v, ;-->, fv
x, z, ->
;
And, so, on., What, can, i, do, to, resolve, this?, Is, there, a, chance, that, if, i, unbplug, it, and, leafve, it, to, dry, nby, tomorrow, it, will, work, fine?, (comma, is, on, space, now, , sorry),.'Please, help, me.'

Solution
If it does not work after a day or so, you can try to remove the keyboard and re-seat the connections. How exactly did you clean the keyboard? You need to put a small amount of liquid on on a soft cloth and lightly go over the keys. Hopefully you did not pour the liquid on the keyboard directly. If it does not work even after re-seating it, you can replace the keyboard pretty easily and cheaply for most models. As long as the connectors were not damaged on the motherboard that is.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
You are going to have to let it dry completely and then try it again. Even though that is a high content of alcohol it could still not be completely dry and causing a short. I would get a hair dryer on low heat and blow on the keyboard for a while to help with drying.

If it does not work after a day or so, you can try to remove the keyboard and re-seat the connections. How exactly did you clean the keyboard? You need to put a small amount of liquid on on a soft cloth and lightly go over the keys. Hopefully you did not pour the liquid on the keyboard directly. If it does not work even after re-seating it, you can replace the keyboard pretty easily and cheaply for most models. As long as the connectors were not damaged on the motherboard that is.

Solution