laptop Keys are mixed up !!

Kooba123

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
hello, im typing with my touch screen keyboard right now . i don't know what happened but many keys are now mixed up. here are few examples ;

L= mute (F1 is the mute button but now it puts my laptop to sleep)
F2 is to lower the volume but now left ctrl also lowers volume
F3 should increase volume but now it is like right click of mouse
letter O does not work
F11 should lower brightness but now shows the question mark( ? )
when i press 6 it shows the + instead of 6
my keyboard is already set to english US. windows 8.1

Solution
Hi,

Please make sure that Formats, Location and lastly Keyboards and Languages are all set in United States as one of them might be set into a different region or language. If it's still the same perform a System Restore to bring it back to an earlier date and time when your keyboard was working fine.

- Press Windows + R then type "rstrui.exe" in the Run box that will appear and click OK
- Click Next then select the date and time when you think your keyboard was working fine and click Next then Finish.
- Wait until it finish performing the restoration
- If it's still the same you need to perform a Factory Reset

Here's the steps on how to perform a Factory Reset, just click on the link below...
Hi,

Please make sure that Formats, Location and lastly Keyboards and Languages are all set in United States as one of them might be set into a different region or language. If it's still the same perform a System Restore to bring it back to an earlier date and time when your keyboard was working fine.

- Press Windows + R then type "rstrui.exe" in the Run box that will appear and click OK
- Click Next then select the date and time when you think your keyboard was working fine and click Next then Finish.
- Wait until it finish performing the restoration
- If it's still the same you need to perform a Factory Reset

Here's the steps on how to perform a Factory Reset, just click on the link below:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Note: There's 2 types of Factory Reset one is it will delete everything and the other one is your files won't be affected.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Solution