Laptop lags, freezes, stutters

Eddsc

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I have a HP Pavilion dv4-4266la running
windows 10,
8gb of ram
core i5 @2.5ghz
When i start to play a game (I've tried super meat boy, life is strange, call of duty:black ops 2) with nothing open but the game and, it starts to freeze, and lags it wont shut the game down, but it will start running very slow, after a few seconds it will start to run normal for another 5 minutes or so, and then the same happens it stutters, freezes, lags, and this cycle .goes on and on.I hope you can help me.I have had this problem before updating to windows 10

Solution
Hi,

First check if the laptop is getting sufficient amount of air that enters it's vents because one cause of lags and freeze would be an overheating problem. Next is to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager. Uninstall the graphics card driver then reboot the laptop that should automatically reinstall the driver for it. Lastly is to clean the inside of your laptop to make sure no dust is preventing the fans to spin freely and reapply a new thermal paste onto the CPU and GPU.
Hi,

First check if the laptop is getting sufficient amount of air that enters it's vents because one cause of lags and freeze would be an overheating problem. Next is to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager. Uninstall the graphics card driver then reboot the laptop that should automatically reinstall the driver for it. Lastly is to clean the inside of your laptop to make sure no dust is preventing the fans to spin freely and reapply a new thermal paste onto the CPU and GPU.

Solution