Laptop lags while watching video, and while playing some games, while it runs other games such as gta4 swiftly without any pro

Ahmad Diab

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
My laptop "HP DV6 6b10er" lags while watching videos and sometimes during games, i can run gta4 without any problem on maximum settings but while playing a game like generals zerohour it constantly freezes for a second every 5 seconds or so it even freezes while in the game menu, when it comes to videos while watching videos using windows media player, the video will freeze randomly for a couple of seconds while audio continues to work normally then video will go forward fast to catch up with the audio, using vlc it freezes less but still it freezes.

My laptop is HP DV6 6b10er
cpu: A8 3510mx
vga: dual graphics 6755g2: 6620g + 6750m
ram: 8gb
i tried formatting
i tried different passmark tests and all figures seems to be fine.
I tried testing my hard drive using different software and no problems were detected
i tried switching graphics between 6620g and 6750m
my drivers according to hp support assistant are up to date!!
my laptop doesnt seem to be overheating.

i just can't figure out the root of this problem..

Ahmad Diab

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

i bought this laptop used a couple of weeks ago, windows was freezing so i formatted the hard drive installed a new windows and it solved the problem but then i found out that its still freezing while watching videos and while playing some games
i've got 8gb of ram!!.

vishnu39

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

you still have warranty period take it to service quickly ...your gpu is fair it must not lack ...

answergiver01

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I had the same problem... but I solved it!!! First open the power settings, then click "change plan settings" beside the "balanced (recommended)" option. Then click "change advanced power settings" on the screen that appears. In the dialog box, scroll down and expand "Multimedia settings". Then expand "when playing video" and then change the "plugged in" option to balanced.

Hope that helps. I was experimenting by trying and changing different settings and this setting worked for me! :)
Please reply back if you found this useful.

ash ot

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
did u fix your problem i have the same thing since a few month. i did almost every thing but nothing work. am planing to change my Hard disk . or to take a few b from inside. but please if u fix your problem please tell me. thank you