Laptop made a quick beep and went off. Now the light comes on but it won't boot even to the asus screen

Aiden_12

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
So basicly I was working on my now tv box. It was connected to my laptop by usb and also plugged in to the mains but the switch was off. My partner turned on the plug by accident and after about 5 seconds my laptop make a short beep and shut down. Now the power light comes on and it recognised the charger was plugged in bit the screen does nothing. I've done all the basics with reseating the ram, taking the battery out and hard reset but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Does it make any sounds showing that it is actually on? Fan(s), harddrive, etc.? If so, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard...
Does it make any sounds showing that it is actually on? Fan(s), harddrive, etc.? If so, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution

Sergioelectroids

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I had the same exact thing happen to my laptop. It could be the motherboard, have you done and gaming that the laptop can't do or run anything that might overheat the laptop? Even just sitting it on cloth.