Laptop- multitasking, MS CIS student, photos light gaming

Solution
That looks like a very nice laptop. The graphics card is decent but not bleeding edge like a 780M but then you'd be getting into 2,3, and 4 thousand dollar heavy duty gaming laptops. For not being that, this should meet a lot of your needs very well. In terms of an SSD, do you need it? Do we need to have anything? You'll definitely want it. It makes your pc perform much faster in terms of boot up time, shut down, opening most applications etc. So if you like performance a lot to the point you'd like to feel that difference then yes you need it. Technically, no one "needs" an ssd unless their schooling or job requires such performance. So in summary, I don't think it's too much system for you. It looks like a pretty decent...

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
That looks like a very nice laptop. The graphics card is decent but not bleeding edge like a 780M but then you'd be getting into 2,3, and 4 thousand dollar heavy duty gaming laptops. For not being that, this should meet a lot of your needs very well. In terms of an SSD, do you need it? Do we need to have anything? You'll definitely want it. It makes your pc perform much faster in terms of boot up time, shut down, opening most applications etc. So if you like performance a lot to the point you'd like to feel that difference then yes you need it. Technically, no one "needs" an ssd unless their schooling or job requires such performance. So in summary, I don't think it's too much system for you. It looks like a pretty decent choice. Have fun!

Thanks,

Justin S.

Solution

Rach311

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

Thanks! I appreciate your advise!