Laptop neither turn on nor charging

luthuf456

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
My laptop is dell precision m4600.I had a motherboard issue and i just replaced the motherboard.after. That it worked fine but 1 week later the laptop wont turn on.i tried the methodr to remove electricity by pressing the power button but it failed always.When i connect it to power the charging light flash for a second and go off.please help me as soon as possible....

Solution
1. If the laptop is over 3 years old, the battery is probably useless now or completely dead.
2. If the laptop is old enough take it in to repair shop and see if they have batteries that are compatible and have them test and then you can buy the battery and call it a day.
3. If the battery is good and laptop just out of warranty then remove battery and charger and hold power button down for 30 seconds and then reattach battery and charger and test. In some rare cases a laptop may have non-soldered cmos battery, and if easily accessible by removing panels on the back that are designed to allow easy upgrade of ram and even cpu in certain cases will also reveal the cmos battery when the panels are removed. In this case remove the cmos and...

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
1. If the laptop is over 3 years old, the battery is probably useless now or completely dead.
2. If the laptop is old enough take it in to repair shop and see if they have batteries that are compatible and have them test and then you can buy the battery and call it a day.
3. If the battery is good and laptop just out of warranty then remove battery and charger and hold power button down for 30 seconds and then reattach battery and charger and test. In some rare cases a laptop may have non-soldered cmos battery, and if easily accessible by removing panels on the back that are designed to allow easy upgrade of ram and even cpu in certain cases will also reveal the cmos battery when the panels are removed. In this case remove the cmos and press and hold power button for 30 seconds again to discharge and leave the laptop for an hour and a half and then reassemble, reattach battery and charger and test.

Solution