Laptop not turnin on at all

jshun1234

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
I recently bought a new laptop for my mum and after about 2 months it stopped working.... It wont turn on at all and i tried discharging methods with no luck.. The charging Led wont even turn on when i plug the charger in... I also tried wiggling around connector just to see if its simple connection problem....

She said she dropped the laptop previous day but it worked right after she dropped the laptop....

Solution
if she has a accidental damage warranty, it is very hard from a vendors' point of view to diag. a drop as the cause. Dropping a laptop will damage the hard drive, but it should turn on. Most times when a laptop wont turn on,
broken power port
bad ac charger
spilled liquid in laptop

the great randini

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
if she has a accidental damage warranty, it is very hard from a vendors' point of view to diag. a drop as the cause. Dropping a laptop will damage the hard drive, but it should turn on. Most times when a laptop wont turn on,
broken power port
bad ac charger
spilled liquid in laptop

Solution

jshun1234

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

Lol not knowing is the best to go ey? haha

well thanks for the advice but ill leave it open just incase someone else have another hinch

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
It's not charging and ran off the battery right after she dropped it. The power port is damaged as mentioned above and may be as simple as there was a cold solder joint that came loose. Sometimes it rips the connector from the printed circuit board, which is harder to fix.