Laptop not working properly

kyorg

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
Well,not exaclty. :no:

Hello there!
My new laptop, an ASUS X555L arrived today. I installed Windows 8.1 on it (yuck), and as planned,I tested the performance of my laptop.
I installed a MOBA called Smite, but unforfunately, the game itself does not work as good as expected. I get around 30-40 frames per second, but with my old Core2Duo PC I get 40-60.

My specs:
ASUS X555L
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
CPU: Intel Core i5 5200u 2.2 ~ 2.7 GHZ
GPU: Nvidia 940M 2 GB

I don't know what to do. I just checked,and I saw I have an integrated card,and I'm afraid my PC is using my iGPU instead of my dedicated card.
The laptop itself is fast, but sometimes it starts lagging while loading webpages,or documents. I dont know what the problem could be,but I assume it has to do something inside the software.

I appreciate any help, and I really need it. Thanks in advance,

Pat

Grimwinder

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
I believe the laptop is *supposed* to select between the two depending on graphics demand. If you enter your BIOS (reboot, press f2 while booting) there should be a Graphics Configuration selection on the Advanced page, there you should be able to either select the discrete card or disable the integrated in order to use the discrete at all times. Be aware you might see some slightly lower battery life as the discrete graphics uses more power than the integrated.

Have you downloaded NVidia control panel and set your dedicated gpu to be used for theat game.

A 940 is not that high end of a card, you wont do more then low to medium settings with it at 1080p, high settings at best on 1386x768.

If it is lagging opening webpages or documetns that issue is not gpu related though.

TRENDING THREADS