Laptop only works after draining battery

Final_Jack

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
When I turn on my laptop it goes to a black screen with the caps lock flashing and the wireless button stays orange. Troubleshooting was done for this but none of it worked the caps locked blinked once every 2-3 seconds and according to hp it is the cpu. But if I take the ac adapter out and let the battery run dead then plug the ac adapter back in my computer works again. Is this still a problem with the cpu and is there anyway of fixing it?

Final_Jack

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Yeah the battery is removable. Removed the battery tried just with the Ac adapter same thing. Just find it weird the only way it works is if I drain the battery then put the Ac adapter back in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Siddhanta Mallick Laptop Tech Support 4
Kyle Candize Laptop Tech Support 0
I Laptop Tech Support 1
XaniteBlank Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 6
Karan Malik Laptop Tech Support 3
Maclik_M Laptop Tech Support 13
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
Jor2745 Laptop Tech Support 0
yuukiaira Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 3
Nickpug9 Laptop Tech Support 1
Kholens Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 0
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
msahin Laptop Tech Support 1
Laptopuser32441 Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Youtube wont work on my laptop, shows no internet connection how do i fix it?
Question My laptop key doesn't work unless I press shift alongside it.
Question Internal speakers do not work after playing a game + laptop shutting off
Question Laptop Headphone Jack broken. Audio only working from left side of headphone.
Question Laptop restarts randomly only when I am using it, it works fine while the laptop is in idle state
Question Why my HP laptop becomes Lag and choppy all of a sudden while working fine other times?
Question My mum’s laptop is having a problem and a lot of her keys aren’t working. The only keys that’s work are the numbers, letters, capital lock, and tab. P
Question 2in1 transformer battery works fine but won't charge, laptop works on charger too
Question How do I get my laptop to work?
Question Why does my laptop mysteriously stop working, then works the next day?
Question Headphones makes my computer stop picking up sound
Question Replaced laptop screen cable, now screen doesn't work at all.
Question Please Help me. my HP Pavilion dm3 laptop USB ports Stop Working
Question why isnt my dual screens working via display port hub to laptop
Question Laptop LCD monitor doesn't work with one laptop but will work on the other laptop.
Question Laptop battery not working anymore
Question My laptop don't work
Laptop wont turn on again. Battery drain procedure worked once but it died again.
Z50 I drained the battery while working and when plugged in there was no response so I bought a new lead. It's still dead. Is
laptop black screen display, power light and fan are working and tried drain process and ram check

ASK THE COMMUNITY