Laptop overheats when connected to a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

istemi

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

I have a weird problem here. Whenever I connect my computer to a network, does not matter with wireless or cat cable, my computer starts working 90 - 95 celcius degrees but when disconnected it works fine with 50 - 60 celcius degrees max even when playing Skyrim or EU4 or PES2017. I tryed uninstalling both Ethernet and Wireless drivers and reinstalling them from the official laptops support web page. Disabled almost all services except for Microsoft. I am using Asus x550jk which I recently cleaned, and new cooling paste. None of them worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Sounds like there may be a problem with your WiFi card. The only solution, if it is causing the overheating, would be to replace or get yourself an external one that connects via a USB port.

If you know someone who has an external one you can borrow, try connecting it and using it. If the laptop doesn't overheat, then it is definitely the internal card. If it does, however, still overheat, then I would have it looked at.
Sounds like there may be a problem with your WiFi card. The only solution, if it is causing the overheating, would be to replace or get yourself an external one that connects via a USB port.

If you know someone who has an external one you can borrow, try connecting it and using it. If the laptop doesn't overheat, then it is definitely the internal card. If it does, however, still overheat, then I would have it looked at.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.