Laptop performace when connected to a 16:9 monitor

PinoPi

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys I really need an experts advice on this.

I just recently bought a curved 27" 16:9 monitor(1920x1080). When i connected it to my asus laptop (see laptop specs below) the performance went all the way down in terms of disk usage.

Disk usage with the FHD monitor now regularly goes up to 100% ive already turned [strike]vram[/strike] virtual memory off since i bought 4gb of mem sticks for my laptop (currently at 8gb ram)

based on task bars performance graphs the main problem is my disk that regularly goes to 100% Mem and CPU are stable and normal.

Main questions:
-Why does this happen (disk regularly spikes to 100% for a couple of seconds - a min.

-What can i do to fix this?

Laptop specs:

Laptop: ASUS X450CC
Cpu/processor: Intel i5-3337u @ 1.80ghz(but at times would go up to 2.40ghz) ; 4 CPUs
Ram: 8.00GB
GPU: Nvidia GT720M 2GB DDR3

Answers will be greatlu greatly appreciated thy masters

Solution
The general rule of thumb is to never disable [strike]"VRAM"[/strike] virtual memory unless you have 16GB of RAM installed. "VRAM" refers to the dedicated video RAM on a graphics card. The term you are looking for is Pagefile (or Page File).

You should launch Task Manager to see what programs are accessing the hard drive. It is possible you may have a virus so do a virus scan and also do a malware scan using the following free program; scroll down until you see "Download" to skip the retail version (which has more features).

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
The general rule of thumb is to never disable [strike]"VRAM"[/strike] virtual memory unless you have 16GB of RAM installed. "VRAM" refers to the dedicated video RAM on a graphics card. The term you are looking for is Pagefile (or Page File).

You should launch Task Manager to see what programs are accessing the hard drive. It is possible you may have a virus so do a virus scan and also do a malware scan using the following free program; scroll down until you see "Download" to skip the retail version (which has more features).

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Solution