Solved! Laptop Performance on Battery

Oct 15, 2018
I Love Long Laptop Battery Life!!
But should I have to sacrifice the Performance of my laptop just to run on battery, even at the highest performance setting. It appears that many Notebook manufactures or @AMD @INTEL automatically takes performance away when you switch to battery. Have you seen performance benchmarks results while on battery or just AC? The battery is part of the laptop so why is performance always measured on AC when there is such a big difference when on DC?

Solution
Windows power options gives you some control over this.
By default, the screen brightness and cpu power will be reduced when running on battery.
You likely can change this, but realize that run time will be cut perhaps in half.

geofelt

Distinguished
Windows power options gives you some control over this.
By default, the screen brightness and cpu power will be reduced when running on battery.
You likely can change this, but realize that run time will be cut perhaps in half.

Solution
Power limitations are due to power requirements that batteries can't always fulfill - and, of course, it's a measure to maximize battery life. If you want to run, say, an 8750H and maybe a GTX 1070 at their highest output for more than 20 minutes, you're going to need a much bigger battery than the typical 4 - 6 cell ones found in most laptops (and, thus, a much bigger laptop).

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
i just tried to use my notebook for work and it uses up all the battery (because of the demands made upon the hardware to do so) at a very good rate. 30% per hour, so I will only get about 3 hrs tops on high perf settings

Batteries have a limited amperage reserved, AC is for practical purposes unlimited and only controlled by how much heat your laptop can dissipate.

TRENDING THREADS