Laptop reboot help

theanimeartist33

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Hey. So My laptop has recently been displaying the same message and refuses to let me on. It says:
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key"
I'm not sure what to do.

Solution
This means that is not finding any operating system on your computer to boot to.

Reasons for this:
Hard drive has come slightly loose inside laptop
Hard drive has lost mbr table and thus cant boot
Hard drive data is corrupted
Hard drive is completely dead
Motherbaod sata and/or power port is broken

You can open up the laptop and check/reseat the hard drive to the connector and see if that fixes the problem
Otherwise you will need a USB to SATA adapter in order to check the hard drive and make sure it can still access the files on it
If a new drive does not show up in bios under list of sata devices then the motherboard port is bad and with laptops you can only replace the entire board which is usually more expensive than laptop is worth.
This means that is not finding any operating system on your computer to boot to.

Reasons for this:
Hard drive has come slightly loose inside laptop
Hard drive has lost mbr table and thus cant boot
Hard drive data is corrupted
Hard drive is completely dead
Motherbaod sata and/or power port is broken

You can open up the laptop and check/reseat the hard drive to the connector and see if that fixes the problem
Otherwise you will need a USB to SATA adapter in order to check the hard drive and make sure it can still access the files on it
If a new drive does not show up in bios under list of sata devices then the motherboard port is bad and with laptops you can only replace the entire board which is usually more expensive than laptop is worth.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS