Question Laptop Screen dosen't even turn on.

Jun 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

My PC is Hp Notebook PC G6. It was on the shelf for a long time and when I turn it back on, the screen was completely black. Occasionally, the screen will show random color and do nothing. Also to note that the GPU heats even though nothing is displayed. Hope anyone would help.

My Specs:
CPU: 2nd Gen Intel Core i3 2310M @2.10GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
RAM:6GB DDR3 SODIMM

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
I agree to try it with an external monitor, A totally black screen (especially if it is flashing some random output) likely means broken hardware. Based on the processor, your machine is pretty old and probably not worth the expense of fixing.

Jun 18, 2021
I agree to try it with an external monitor, A totally black screen (especially if it is flashing some random output) likely means broken hardware. Based on the processor, your machine is pretty old and probably not worth the expense of fixing.
Thanks, I found the problem. It's the connector. I fixed it and now it helps. And yes I tried the external monitor and it works. Thanks for helping!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 8
D Laptop Tech Support 3
Evident10 Laptop Tech Support 0
jasonkariuki98 Laptop Tech Support 1
TheWalkingDazz Laptop Tech Support 0
Aleksandar 187 Laptop Tech Support 0
ppterson Laptop Tech Support 1
Wraize Laptop Tech Support 0
jihan47 Laptop Tech Support 0