Laptop screen wont turn on after thermal paste change

Jun 25, 2018
Hi i tried changing my thermal paste on my EVGA SC15 Laptop because it was getting really hot CPU was hitting about 85-88° and GPU about 80° no thermal throttling but the fans were really loud and my room would get really how after 1 hour or playing so i changed the paste connected everything back and turned the laptop on the laptop turned on but the screen did not by the way i only had this laptop for a week and it was my first ever laptop i use my PC for everything but it is not portable should i return it and get a replacement or what because i am starting to panic here i read some comments saying that the CPU could have gotten fried or something and i immediately sent a RMA request to return it and get a replacement if i dont find some help here i will just RMA it thanks.

tejayd

Proper
Mar 11, 2018
Does it work with an external monitor? I wouldn't have messed with the thermal paste. But obviously to late now. Those temps are likely normal for a gaming laptop.

Edit: Just text a friend who has that same laptop (his might be a 7th gen cpu though) he said he is "pushing 90c". So I'm assuming he is right where you were.

Jun 25, 2018
It works with DP but it goes in to repair mode and also i didnt fully connect 1 cable picture here [C:\Users\S\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\RP185186\20180822_151039[1].jpg] dont know what the cable is for but the laptop runs on my main monitor thats a sign that the motherboard, CPU and GPU are not dead right.?

Jun 25, 2018
I had to disconnect all the cables to get access to the motherboard that was flipped up side down for some reason and i only opened the CPU and GPU when all the cables were disconnected like i said the only cable that is not fully connected it the one in the image called EDP1 that has some sort of a spring or something to hold it in place but the problem is that i cant pull the spring back and secure it.

Jun 25, 2018
Yee about RMA i have all my logins on the laptop steam account windows account so can i format the m.2 ssd on my main display because i dont know if it will let me since every time i restart it it goes to automatic repair and then lets me chose restard or advanced options and that EDP1 cable is the only cable that i am not able to connect because of that metal bar that needs to be put back to hold the cable since the cable is lose without that i can just slide it out with 1 finder and i think that this is the display cable and that may be the reason i just dont know how to put it back in place without braking anything on the motherboard.

Jun 25, 2018
There are no tear down videos there are hardly any videos about this laptop since its the first laptop that EVGA has ever made along side the EVGA SC17 i could only find a tear down pictures of it on EVGA forum but no videos or pictures of how to put it back together.

Jun 25, 2018
Guys do you know any ways to format a m.2 SSD i am trying to do it on the external monitor but after its 90% done it restards a couple of times and goes back to automatic repair mode.