laptop shifts to sleep from shutdown

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
i bought a laptop, and when the parcel reached, the battery was low as dead... i charged it though...now when i shut it down and leave it overnight, and turn it on the other day, it wakes from sleep, and has consumed a lot of battery... don't know if it is hardware or software problem... don't know what forces the computer to shift from shutdown to sleep mode

Run it until it turns itself off then charge the battery to see if it still loses power even though it isn't doing anything.

Make sure hibernation isn't turned on, Using an elevated Command form, type
powercfg Hibernation off
then type exit to close the form and close the system.

That might fix your problem.

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
your first paragraph i couldn't understand, please write again...
i will try the hibernation turnoff..
thank you Saga

I'm suggesting using the latop on battery only and keep using it until it turns off for lack of power. Turn it on and charge it without using it. Give it an hour and if the charge is complete, keep an eye on the percentage of battery power. If it goes down without you using it except to look ag the figures, you have to buy a new battery.

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
I'm suggesting using the latop on battery only and keep using it until it turns off for lack of power. Turn it on and charge it without using it. Give it an hour and if the charge is complete, keep an eye on the percentage of battery power. If it goes down without you using it except to look ag the figures, you have to buy a new battery.
thank you sir

Are you shutting it down using the Windows shutdown command? Are you sure you are selecting "shut down"? Turn it off, and see what it does in an hour or two, check it every so often to make sure it's still off.