laptop shutting down time and again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
hi i am using sony vaio laptop VPCCB15FG for quite sometime now and today it shut down unexpectedly. When i turned it on, it boots up the windows normally but shuts down suddenly after a few minutes. This happens every time i start up my laptop. PLEASE HELP

Solution
I would suggest that you take out the hard drive and remove the battery. Boot the laptop up off just AC Adapter and let it sit there. If the fan is dead it will also shut down shortly after.

If it sits there fine just with an error message obviously on the screen due to lack of boot device, than it isn't the cpu fan.

moulderhere

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I would suggest that you take out the hard drive and remove the battery. Boot the laptop up off just AC Adapter and let it sit there. If the fan is dead it will also shut down shortly after.

If it sits there fine just with an error message obviously on the screen due to lack of boot device, than it isn't the cpu fan.

Solution

moulderhere

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I have no idea how much a fan will cost you.

Keep in mind any data that you need to keep on the hard drive. If you have any data you need to keep you better inform Sony center before, or get it off yourself.

If sony fixes the laptop, they usually run a full restoration back to the day you got it. So all data usually is wiped off the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.