laptop shutting down time and again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
hi i am using sony vaio laptop VPCCB15FG for quite sometime now and today it shut down unexpectedly. When i turned it on, it boots up the windows normally but shuts down suddenly after a few minutes. This happens every time i start up my laptop. PLEASE HELP

Solution
I would suggest that you take out the hard drive and remove the battery. Boot the laptop up off just AC Adapter and let it sit there. If the fan is dead it will also shut down shortly after.

If it sits there fine just with an error message obviously on the screen due to lack of boot device, than it isn't the cpu fan.

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

no heat is coming out from the vents of my laptop...does this mean my fan is not working/?

moulderhere

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Is it spinning?

If the laptop is cold as in just turned on since being off all night long there will not be any heat.

My acer laptop here when I first turn it on, the CPU fan goes to 100% speed. You can hear it woooosh.

I know if it is not spinning the laptop shuts off.

Can I ask stupid question, why not hold the laptop on an angle look at the cpu fan before you turn it on, see that it is not moving, then press the power button. Does it move? LOL
NO? dead.

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

there is a sound but i think it is of the hard disk spinning....my laptop remains on when it is idle but as soon as i open a window on it eg. chrome, it shuts down..

moulderhere

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
do you feel air coming out the cpu vent? Most Cpu intakes are on the bottom of the laptop, the out vent is on side. mine is on the left side. If I put my finger close to it, I can feel the air blowing by.

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

cannot feel air coming out of the side vent..and let me run it in safe mode...

Rajat1992

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

same problem even in safe mode.....when i leave my laptop off for about half an hour, it gives me a window of 5-10 mins before shutting off again

moulderhere

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Turn off the laptop, look into the grill, can you see the fan blades? Is it dusty, dirty? I'd suggest gently taking compressed air from a can and blasting it out. Clean it out.

If you can see the fan, does it spin when the laptop is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.