Laptop shutting down when in games for no reason. No Bios Message, No warning or BSOD

Zane_

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
My Laptop keeps shutting down when gaming for no apparent reason, I have cleaned out the fan, I use a cooling pad and my temps never seem to get too high...

When playing a game such as Team Fortress 2 it runs very smooth with little lag right up on till the point where it cuts off (it doesn't shut down, BSOD or anything just like a power cut? :??: ). When I turn the laptop on again it resumes as normal, I check my temperatures every now and then with Speedfan, my Processor never exceeds 70 Degrees and my hard drive is around 40-50 degrees.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.306.50
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2375M CPU @ 1.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz (Max Temp 100D)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drive: Toshiba 500GB (Max Temp 55D.. Could this be the issue?)

Thanks for your time

MWehbi

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
I am having the same problem..

It is very annoying.
MY PC is shutting down for some silly reasons, For example: all the time if i was browsing facebook, my laptop will shutdown, no difference between which browser, the same happens when I browse through chrome or Opera or Explorer.

Some times my laptop shuts down when I press the start button.

On the other hand my laptop will not shutdown If I was working on Adobe Premiere or Adobe Aftereffects, the programs which needs a lot of Ram and VGA and usually heats up the processor.

I tried to change the HDD of the laptop and I bring a new SSD HDD.

The same problem still occuring.

Please
please
please

ANY HELP :)

If it's not temperature issue, may be a motherboard issue, try running it without the battery, check for new drivers for the system including the BIOS. A new Windows setup may be a good thing to try to rule out any software issue.