Laptop silent, performance decrease.

Arthem

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I've had this problem a couple months ago with my Asus X450J (or JF), after some times it was fine. But the the problem came back yesterday.

Basically, my laptop's performance is really going down when it comes to playing games. And it does not make the sound like any other laptops. It's just really silent. I assume its the fan?
The first 2-3 minutes of in-game,it's quite fine. But the more it goes, the more it lags. Also I find that when I was googling, the temp goes like 70 degree.

Also, my W button is gone, maybe it has something to do with the "inside" of the laptop since it has holes that goes inside of the laptop? (It's not a computer keyboard of course)

Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GT745M

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- Do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Arthem

Commendable
May 5, 2016

Will do.
I will give further acknowledgement and thank you for anwering.

Arthem

Commendable
May 5, 2016

Ah, the problem seems to insist. Don't you think it's more of a hardware problem since my laptop is kinda physically damaged? (I really think it's the fan, since only googling gets abnormally hotter than when it didn't have this problem.

If the fan really does not turn on, that will cause overheating, which will cause the system to throttle back speed to keep the CPU and video card from damage. Open the case, check the fan and connections, see if it ever turns on while system is running. 70C is not too bad for CPU temps, if it get to 90C that is getting a bit too hot.

Solution